Gone were the days when I can stay up to the wee hours of the night and get to work just in time.
Last Friday, my girl friends and I decided to meet up in our favorite tambayan back in college. All throughout the night, we were feeling nostalgic and tried to compare what happened during our 'college days' with that night. Which made us come up with a list. Well, technically, it was me who sorted it out in a list.
You know you are getting old when...
- Loud music gives you headache.
- It irritates you when you can't carry a normal conversation around a noisy place.
- You feel that the band's music is interrupting your conversation and you give the vocalist a knowing look.
- Everyone around you is wailing, shouting and standing up in their seats, while you stay in yours and wonder what's wrong with them.
- You reminisce all the fun stuff you did... 10 years ago.
- You wish that the next band plays acoustic. You even pray for it!
- You get drank after your 2nd bottle of beer and you still have buckets of unopened ones on the table.
- You start to get shocked by minis and tube tops.
- Instead of thinking, I won't wear that (referring to minis and tube tops), you tell yourself, "I will never let my kids wear stuff like that."
- The guy on the next table gives you a smile and you give him a 'don't-even-think-about-it-cause-I'm-way-older-than-you' look.
- The reason you go out is really to bond with friends, catch-up and don't give a care about getting drunk anymore. Most of the times, at least.
- You realized at the end of the night, it's not them, but you, who's out of place.
- You go home at 10pm and it feels like 2 am and you can't even wake up on time to get to work
I know you can add up to the list, and I am interested to know. You know you are getting old when...?