Thursday, April 05, 2007

Helena Chloe

At 3pm, I officially became a Tita to my very lovely niece Helena Chloe. She is the first apo sa tuhod in my dad's side of the family.



--

I am the eldest apo so it was expected that I should the one who should have gotten married first, gave birth first or at the very least settle down first. But to my Dad, Lola and Lolo's disappointment, I didn't do any of that. My cousin actually beat me to it. As my friend's mom said, papatay patay daw kasi ako.


So when my Shey and her husband Rob got married and got pregnant only a few months after, can you imagine the teasing the I have to put up with?

---



Luckily though, I never see it as a competition. I am affected sometimes. Especially now that I saw how lovely Chloe is. In fact, I can actually hear my ovaries (more specifically my egg cells), screaming in unison for lack of use in the past decade.


But I am happy because even though I cannot grant my family's wish of me settling down, at least I have a lovely niece who would call me Tita. Although she doesn't seem to like me right now, as you can see in the photo.

No comments: