Thursday, November 09, 2006

La Union

We went on a 3 day orientation in DOH Region I Office in San Fernando City, La Union. Here are some of the funny/confusing things I found in the City.
They had a mall named CSI. It is about 10 kilometers from the Poblacion and in the middle of nowhere. On our way there, my colleague Girlie and I were starting to worry when we started to see mountains on the sides of the road. This mall with give the Mall of Asia a run for its money when in comes to scenery.

There is nothing to buy for pasalubong. When you ask the locals what products are produced in La Union, they will answer, nothing. Only because this province is know for its beaches. San Juan, La Union is the surfing capital of the Ilocos Region.

The regional hospital is named ILOCOS Training and Regional Medical Center. No, it is not located in Ilocos Sur nor Norte but in La Union. Region 1, from what I remember from our Social Studies, is also known as Ilocos Region. That is the reason why the hospital is named as such even though it is located in La Union. Confusing.

I better learn how to speak Ilokano the soonest possible time cause everything is written in Ilokano, although rarely, there are English translations.

The nearest Starbucks is 3 hours away. Sad. How will I get this year's planner?

No comments: