Wednesday, August 30, 2006

6-digit number

Yesterday, I got a much awaited, longed for license number. Yes, it is only a 6-digit number but in the world of physicians, you are as good as a quack doctor if you don't have your license number. In two years or so that I have been doing clinics, you can imagine how excited I was when I got my license number yesterday.


This 6-digit number signifies more than that. Personally, it represents my dream, my journey through medical school, the unwavering support of my family, friendships that I have made and not made, patients that I have seen, inspiring and not so inspiring superiors, but most importantly, my life... well, almost.


Right now, I am simply ecstatic because I can FINALLY prescribe, sign legal documents, stop bothering my superiors for trodat because I can have my own trodat made. Isn't that cool?


A famous line from SpiderMan (I think) said, "With great power comes great responsibility." It certainly does. In this case, the power comes in the form of a 6-digit number. Just staring at it scares the hell out of me.

No comments: