Monday, March 27, 2006

10 duties to go



They can hurt you but they can't stop the clock. (Surgical Recall)

I couldn't believe myself when I looked at my planner this afternoon and realized that there are only 10 official duties left in my internship. That is not counting the make-up duties I still have to complete due to absences nor lates. To think that almost a year ago, I was whining about toxic duties and even thought of quitting.

I still have to say that my first rotation, OB-Gyne, was the best for me. Not only because it was my first rotation or that I have every intention of becoming one in the future but because we worked with the coolest group of residents and medical clerks. Besides, mabait pa ako nun. Meaning, I dutifully did what was expected of me, and more.

Looking back, it was really a toxic, learning-filled, unforgettable experience. When incoming medical interns ask me if I would advise them to have their training in JRRMMC, without batting an eyelash, I answer no. Hahaha. Primarily because I don't want them to blame me if it becomes too stressful for them. But if I had to do it over again, I'd still choose to train here.

I have mixed emotions about finishing this training -- pride because it wasn't easy doing all those 24 hour duties but I survived; sad because I'm going to miss all the friends I have made; excitement because this is one level almost done and fear because the next level is the be all, end all of my existence.

I know, all things must come to an end -- either good or bad. Who knows, I might be back and hopefully then, as a true-blue-licensed doctor.

No comments: