Sunday, January 01, 2006

Letting Go

I was on my way home last December 31 when I realized that I was just a few hours away from 2006. What was amazing about it is that 2005 has been one of the best, if not the best year of my existence. Then it struck me, am I prepared to face this New Year. I don’t have a new year’s resolution since I stopped having one since I was 10. Why not do something else to start the year right? Why not start to let go?

I'm sure most people who read Tuesdays with Morrie can relate with what I am talking about. If there was one thing Morrie said that I remembered most was to let go. Yes, I've dwelt with enough pain in the past year that they are just too heavy to bring to 2006. Let go of...

• sales people who don’t know the meaning of customer service
• impolite strangers
• inefficient subordinates
• bitchy superiors
• ungrateful patients
• unreasonable relatives of sick patients
• presidents who lie

I know that writing this blog is just the start and the only easy part of it. But it is a start. Little by little, I will let of all these things so make my trip through 2006 lighter.

In case you haven’t read Tuesdays with Morrie, get a copy and start reading. Can’t think of a better way to start your year.

No comments: