Saturday, December 03, 2005

Celebrating Life

Birthdays are only beginnings.

I cannot agree more but for some weird reason, I see birthdays as endings. In fact, it is one of the 2 days of the year when I feel really sad (You'd never guess what the other day is). I don't ever want it to come and when it does, I feel like I have wasted another 12 months and I have another 12 to waste. Can you imagine how that must feel like?

This made me thinking, what could have made me as cynical as this about my birthday? I may not be doing what I really want that I feel like I haven't lived my life to fullest. Or my being single for almost a quarter now. Or I am just cynical and that would explain everything.

I started thinking. I may just have missed the good things in life. You know, seeing my cup as half empty than half full. In the past 12 months, I can safely say that I there are a lot to be thankful for:

• Graduating from med school
• Being an Intern at JR
• Spending my summer at Gallera and Bora
• My uncomplicated benign breast mass excision, not to mention that it was done for free by a great surgeon

Lastly but most importantly, I am thankful for my family and friends. Really, they make life worth living. They made me realize that whatever it is that I think I lack, they fill it up with overflowing support and love. These people make me want to live for another century, or maybe a little less than that.

No comments: