Saturday, December 01, 2012

Cap the Year

Perfect way to cap the year - salon treatments. Best part about them? Pampering and lots of time to read. It also made me think about the year that was.

This year has been one of the most tumultuous years I've had in my entire adult life. I remember that at the start of the year, I actually whined to God that nothing exciting happened to me in the past 2 years. I felt like my life was in a plateau. No fun, no nothing.

You know what they say, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. And I did. It felt like God made me ride a roller coaster - upside-down - just to teach me a lesson.

I'm sure you wouldn't want to know the details but I'd tell you anyway. This is my birthday post, so bear with me.

- B was diagnosed with cancer
- I got pregnant but lost Rafa after 8-9 weeks in my tummy
- granted permission to migrate
- Chuy leaving then coming back home after less than a month
- plans not falling into place
- finishing residency and studies

It wasn't all good but not all bad either. I know that God waits for the perfect time to give us what we wish for.

Just a few hours before I turn another year old, I was asking myself if this was where I imagined my self to be? Roughly, yes.

I imagine myself that at this age, I'd be a doctor, with a very successful private practice, married to a lovely man and we have kids. I have 2 out of the 4. Not bad, I think. I still have many years ahead of me to make the other 2 come true, and other dreams as well.

At this point, I can only be grateful for all the things that transpired this year - good or bad. It taught me to appreciate every morning that I wake up, every small moments of success, every little thing that I used to take for granted. But most importantly, it taught me not to ever, ever, question His will.

With a book in my lap, coffee on the table and a hairdresser making me look fabulous, what more can I ask for?

1 comment:

manangbok said...

Hi Merry Cherry!

2012 sucked for me too.

But well, I'm just beginning to realize, that the cliches,
there is calm after the storm
there is silver lining to
everything
hwag mawalan ng pag-asa at
aayos din ang lahat
are true after all.

Almost true, not right on winning-a-million-in-the lottery true. But true as as truth can (for all its fucked-upness) can be. That's my sarcasm talking.

I missed your blog. Please write more :)